The Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme (FMSH) and the French Center for Ethiopian Studies (CFEE) are pleased to announce a short-term fellowship opportunity in France for postdoctoral researchers from the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and Somaliland).
This fellowship aims to facilitate a two-month research stay in France, enabling scholars to conduct fieldwork, access libraries and archives, and engage in academic collaboration. This initiative is part of the Atlas Programme, which promotes short-term postdoctoral mobility, facilitated by the FMSH and its partners.
Successful applicants will receive a monthly stipend of 1,700€, disbursed at the beginning of each month of their stay. This financial assistance is intended to cover expenses related to transportation and accommodation.
- Nationality: Applicants must hail from Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, or Somaliland and be affiliated with a higher education or research institution, either public or private, in one of these countries.
- Educational Background: Candidates must have obtained their doctoral degree after 2018.
- Research Theme: Applicants should be engaged in social and human sciences research.
- French Host Institution: Prior to application submission, candidates must secure a hosting arrangement with a French research institution. A letter from the hosting institution, expressing willingness to accommodate the applicant and outlining work conditions, is required.
Obligations of Researchers
Within 30 days of completing their stay, recipients must furnish the FMSH and CFEE with a comprehensive report detailing their research activities and the impact on their project.
Candidates are required to complete an online application form and submit a scientific file, including their research project and supporting documents. The application platform will be accessible from January 15, 2024. The deadline for submission is March 18, 2024, 17:00 (Paris time). Documents must be in French or English.
Contents of the Scientific File
The scientific file should contain:
- Research proposal (10,000 to 20,000 characters)
- Detailed research itinerary (locations, institutions, contacts)
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in the home country
- Invitation letter from the director of the hosting institution in France
How to Apply
Applicants should visit http://calls.msh-paris.fr, create an account or log in, and complete the application form under the “Atlas incoming 2024 Program,” specifically selecting “FMSH-CFEE: Horn of Africa > France.”
A selection committee comprising members from FMSH, CFEE, and external experts will evaluate applications based on:
- Scientific quality and methodology
- Relevance of the research to the Horn of Africa
- Ability to establish scientific contacts locally Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously participated in the program.
For inquiries about the application platform, contact email@example.com.
The Atlas program fosters short-term fellowships for postdoctoral researchers, facilitating academic exchange and collaboration.
In conclusion, this fellowship opportunity stands as a gateway for postdoctoral researchers from the Horn of Africa to embark on enriching academic experiences in France. With its focus on facilitating research, fostering collaboration, and promoting scholarly exchange, the program aligns with the broader goals of advancing knowledge and understanding in the social and human sciences. We encourage eligible candidates to seize this chance for professional growth and cross-cultural engagement, contributing to the collective pursuit of academic excellence and international cooperation.
Cite this article as (APA format):
AR Managing Editor (2024). Short-Term Fellowship Opportunity in France for Postdoctoral Researchers from the Horn of Africa: Apply Now!. Retrieved from https://www.africanresearchers.org/short-term-fellowship-opportunity-in-france-for-postdoctoral-researchers-from-the-horn-of-africa-apply-now/